New Normal Bali Tourism was revealed by the Director of Tourism, Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibition of Ministry of Tourism, Iyung Masruroh in the Virtual Series which was held on Tuesday (2/6/2020). The Island of the Gods fulfilled the first requirement as a new normal tourism pilot project,
Bali will be the first, most prepared. The reason is that the curve has been sloping for so long, “Iyung said.
Ministry of Tourism, said Iyung, had spoken with the Indonesia Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC). Ministry of Tourism has also discussed the steps to open Bali to start new normal tourism, namely by making SOPs, making simulations, socializing to the public and businesses until the destination is ready to open.
Iyung then mentioned that the above steps are very necessary and if no health protocol is established, it is feared that a second wave of Corona virus could occur.
However, Ministry of Tourism only prepares destinations to be opened. Through the health protocol, it will wait for a decision from BNPB.
“The Task Force will determine the opening. All we do is prepare the destination as well as the health protocol. When ready to open we are ready to return for meetings and more,” said Iyung.
“Our concentration is to maintain SOP and protocol to always be ready when opened,” he added.
Most recently, at the end of last May, the Bali Provincial Government issued a policy related to controlling trips to the Island of the Gods. Here are the rules:
Technically, everyone who wants to enter Bali via air will be asked for an official COVID-19 negative letter from the PCR-based SWAB test. Similar requirements are also required for people who want to enter Bali via the sea.
List of people who work for government and private institutions with certain interests that will be allowed into Bali, namely:
1. Services for acceleration of handling of COVID-19
2. Defense, security and public order services
3. Health services
4. Servicing basic needs
5. Supporting services basic services
6. Service important economic functions.
Exceptions will also be given to:
1. Patient travel, because it requires emergency health services
2. Travel people, because their core family members are seriously ill or die
3. For Indonesian Migrant Workers (PMI), Indonesian citizens and students who are from overseas. And the return of people for special reasons by the Government to the area of origin, in accordance with applicable regulations.
Note : The Most Safe Activities that you can do in Bali is Trekking Tour